Thursday 1 October 2015

"No. 28: My first MLC and it's been a stressful + hectic week!"

We had a holiday on Monday (I actually don't know what kind of holiday it was, but Canada have at least one huge holiday every month and everyone get to stay off work and enjoy on MONDAY! YEAP for them and NOPE for missionaries!!!), so we had to email on Tuesday last week. Then that night, we had to drive over to Toronto and stay over for the night so that we can drive them to MLC (Missionary Leadership Council) with us in Brampton. MLC is intense. Full of information, and full of the spirit. Especially when the Mission President and his wife, the Assistants, Zone leaders, and Sister training Leaders are all there. It's full of power and spirit! By the end of the day, I had headache and I was spiritually exhausted! But I am glad that we had zone council the next day and Specialty training the day after, so I get to remember and re-learn the things been shared in MLC. Since the huge changes that we're making is about the Whole Work of Salvation, there are lots of huge changes we're making in Canada Toronto Mission! And I'm loving it!!!

Right after Specialty Training, I had my interview with President Clayton, and it was awesome! I am so grateful for my mission president, also my mission dad, that cares for me and takes care of me. I am extremely grateful. I was the last missionary that came out of the building after the training, and I was on exchanges with Sister Reeves from Brockville. So that was fun. I was forgetful the whole time we're exchanging because of the stress and loaded information in my mind, but I'm glad for Repentance! And the spirit of comfort! =)

On Sunday, the topic at church was all about eternal families. They had 2 baby blessings, which is super cute! During sacrament meeting, I was expressing my gratitude for my family and the love in our families. We might not be the perfect family, but I'm grateful that we have the gospel =)
After church, we met with the Bishop. We shared to him about the new thing that's going on the mission and how we want to work with investigators, less-actives, returning member, and active members (Isn't that amazing? That's totally inspired! Every family members can be active because of it! =D ). He gave us names to work with, and he really is a great bishop! Then, he asked me if I have a high probability of getting transferred. I said yes because the Assistant gave me a little hint after Specialty training. He asked me for our mission president's number, so I'm guessing they're going to let me stay here for a little while because of my language. The ward wants a Chinese family to be sealed in the temple, and they need me to teach them in Chinese and translate for them for the family's temple preparation class. I am glad that I can be Heavenly father's tools in this mission. I am grateful for the talents and abilities that I have developed growing up. 

I had a great exchanges with the Brockville sisters! I am grateful for the trust that the Lord have in me, he truly knows me and know my capability. I might not know it, I might look down on myself, but Heavenly father don't and he never will. =)

I am grateful to be able to strengthen my own testimony about my Savior these past weeks. I love my Savior very much. It is something that I have known growing up, and he was the person that's always been there for me throughout my life. He loves me, and I know He loves you (readers) too. There is nothing far more meaningful than to know that He performed the atonement for us. These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. (John 16:33)


Hope you enjoy the rest of your week! 


Love,
Sister Yeap
10 August 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment