Thursday 4 February 2016

No. 37: Now in Mississauga and we call ourselves Jinglessauga!!!!

Dear friends and family, I love you all so dearly. I didn't understand how broad of a concept of love is. I remember at the beginning of my mission, I felt weird when people told me they loved me. My trainer was super cheesy, and I wanted to make her cheesiness moldy. Haha! She's great! She taught me how to be loving. Now, as a missionary, I learned how to tell people that I love them and Heavenly father loves them too. My favorite phrase was "Let's baptize this person", now it changed to "I know that Heavenly father LOVES you!!!". It makes me happy whenever I say that to people. Hahaha! Now, I want to tell you that your Heavenly father loves you! And thank you so much for your help and support at this time of loss. I know that he is in a better place now. I miss him very much and he will always stays in my heart. 

I'm now in the City of Mississauga! It's busier than Oshawa! Way way way busier because it is neighboring with Toronto! I love big cities! Even though Oshawa was also part of the GTA (Greater Toronto Area), Mississauga is so diverse that I was kind of shocked at first. Now I'm just in the midst of adjusting to another phase of missionary work. The members here seems great, and I will look forward for what's happening. It's going to be an interesting transfer. 

One huge miracle last week! We were posting our ESL (English as a second language) flyers, and talking to everyone at the same time. OYM is my favorite thing to do! We were talking to this nice lady, my companion was complementing her beautiful hair, and we started to talk to her. She said that she was just heading home from her church. We shared with her A Savior is Born card! I asked her if she knew why a savior was born, she said she didn't. Then, I told her the purpose of our Savior's atonement, and bore my testimony on how we need the atonement in our life. Then, she mentioned that she have a rough life, and her brother is a drug addict and asking for money from everyone for his drug. I felt so sad to hear that. It breaks my heart. We told her that her Heavenly Father loves her dearly and my companion pulled out a beautiful wrapped gift (It is the BOM), with Joy to The World card on it. Sister Turley told her that the gift is for her and the lady almost cried! We talked to many grumpy and drunk people that night, but that experience really made our day! Oh how much people need God's love! I love being a missionary!  

I am studying how to become the Lord's chosen vessel. Few weeks ago, Elder Perkins said that to become a chosen vessel, we need to have strong faith,and a  firm mind, in every form of Godliness. I'm doing my best! It's not easy to be Christlike at all times, but I'm so grateful for my Savior to help me through this journey! I love you all! Take care!!!!



Sister Yeap
7th December 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment