Thursday 4 February 2016

No. 32: A girl leaned to me and asked "Should I get baptized?"

Last week was a BUSY + AMAZING + MIRACLE week!!! We are teaching a Chinese New Convert family, Brother and Sister Ai that wants to be sealed in the temple on October 10th! Bro Ai was able to give an opening prayer during sacrament meeting. Although the congregation didn't understand him, they were able to feel the spirit. We are already starting to teach them temple preparation class with an EQ President, and we're teaching them again tonight!!
 
We had a great Corn Roast & Chilli Cook-off activity on Saturday, and we were able to meet and talk to lots of non-members that came with their member friends. Elder Mangakahia was able to perform his hoola-hoops and HAKA dance, it was fun! 
 
On Sunday, we had few non-members at church! The members are doing their member missionary work here!! I'm impressed!!! Oshawa ward is amazing! It is a heavenly area to work in! Sister Hillman and I were able to give a lesson in Elder's Quorom Class about why reading the BOM is important for individuals and families, and emphasize on reading the BOM daily. It was a great lesson, and we felt the spirit strongly. We had a less-active family that live above our basement, that finally came to church! I taught the son Mathematics for 15 mins and got into their home (I don't have any talents, I only have a little education that I can share. I am actually bad in Mathematics, but in Canada my Mathematics was impressive! Haha!)
 
 During sacrament meeting, a newly moved in family sat beside us. And a girl that came with them (Which I thought is a member) leaned to me and said; "Should I get baptized?" I was totally confused, and I replied, "Yes! You should. Are you not baptized yet?" She was smiling and said she's not, and she is only a friend of the family. So we taught her after sacrament meeting because we have a lesson right after church. I don't want her to be baptized without gaining a testimony so we really committed her to read the BOM and pray daily, and coming to church every week. We're meeting her again in the newly moved in family's home, and the girl's mom, who didn't believe in God is joining her in the lesson!

 ​[Outside The Big Apple!!! A Pie factory!! ]

Last week, I was able to go on exchanges with Ajax and Napanee! We have this new thing happening in the mission where we have to go on exchanges with an area at least twice. So this transfer is pretty hectic! I was in Oshawa with Sister Sudweeks, and she's doing amazing! We were able to talk about what we have missed since we were companions 6 months ago. She have grown so much and it was a fun exchange! In Napanee, I was with Sister Watkins! She is a sweetie! I have learned so much from her and I am grateful to be able to work around her! =)

 Last week was busy! We had to go on splits with members to cover all of our lessons, and we were able to hit Standards of excellence! Yay!!! Go Oshawa GO!!!

​[Outside of our returning member, Bob's sunny balcony! He fed us Pizza!!! He's so cool!!!! ]



Sister Yeap
21st September 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment