Friday 12 June 2015

No. 14: 5th transfer, New area called Kingston, and General Conference!

Hello everyone! Been lazy updating my missionary life! Sorry! =]

I love General Conference! This April 2015 General Conference, a lot of talks are about families since it is the 20th anniversary of "The Family : A Proclamation to The World". Family is truly important! As a missionary, it is such a privilege to be able to share the message of the restored gospel, and be able to share how families can be together forever. 
I love Kingston! it is a nice area! When I just got here, I felt homesick (Oakville) but then as I slowly develop charity and love, remembering my purpose as a missionary, I was able to work in Kingston and focusing on the people here. The gospel is true! It really is! I remember few weeks ago, after Young Single Adult Institute, a less-active + recent convert came up to me and my companion, and told us that she wants to stop reading The Book of Mormon and stop going to church. It broke my heart. I saw it coming, but it still is heart-breaking. At the same time, I felt angry because of her stubbornness. I was having a hard time. I thought I was not charitable enough. I thought I was not loving enough. I listened to her while prayerfully pleading for Heavenly Father's help. Then, I told her how much I love her. Although I don't know her much, but I really love her. I told her how excited I was when she was deciding to join the upcoming YSA dance. I told her my wish to help her prepare herself for the dance. Then I shared her my testimony on how I know that the Book of Mormon id true and shared her a scripture. While reading it, a feeling in my heart told me that I truly love her. Tear came out of my eyes and I expressed my love to this girl that is truly loved by her Father in Heaven. She felt it and she was touched by it. A week later, she text us asking if the offer of lending her dresses to wear for the YSA dance is still available. With much joy, I said YES! I picked out almost all of my best cloths, and brought it over to her home. The YSA dance is on Saturday night of Kingston District Conference. The next day, surprisingly, she came to church for the Sunday session! I am so grateful for Heavenly Father's help in softening her heart! I truly know that she is a wonderful daughter of God! =)
Yesterday, we had a little lesson with the YSA in Kingston. We were talking about Joseph Smith when bad people put him into jail. He was suffering in the Liberty Jail, and Joseph Smith prayed to Heavenly Father. Despite his own suffering, he was still thinking about the church members that were being persecuted by bad and wicked people. Many people died. In Joseph Smith's prayer, he said: "O God, Where art thou? --- How long shall thy hand be stayed, and thine eye, yea thy pure eye, behold from the eternal heavens the wrongs of thy people and of thy servants, and thine ear be penetrated with their cries? Yea, O Lord, how long shall they suffer these wrongs and unlawful oppressions, before thine heart shall be softened toward them, and thy bowels be moved with compassion toward them?"    Then Heaven Father answered him,"MY SON, PEACE BE UNTO THY SOUL; THINE ADVERSITY AND THINE AFFLICTIONS SHALL BE BUT A SMALL MOMENT. And the, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." [D&C 1-3, 7-8]
The part where it says, "If thou endure it well"... Which is also related to enduring to the end. In the Gospel of Jesus Christ, we have 5 principles:

1) FAITH
2) REPENTANCE
3) BAPTISM
4) RECEIVING THE GIFT OF THE HOLY GHOST
5) ENDURE TO THE END

By enduring to the end, it means NOTHING in the Gospel of Jesus Christ is a check list. It is not a check list. We should ALWAYS strengthen our faith and testimony by reading and praying. We should ALWAYS partake of the sacrament to renew our baptismal covenant, so that we can have the companion of the Holy Ghost with us. Life is eternal, so does our effort and our work in living the Gospel of Jesus Christ in our life. 

We were having a hard time in our area. When I just got here, we don't have any investigator that we were working with. So we have been working real hard to find new. So I want to share some great miracles that I experienced. Last week, we had a wonderful miracle when we decided to drop-by a less-active by walking to his house. But unfortunately, I read the map the wrong way and we walked to the opposite direction of the road. After realizing it, we decided to knock on a door and a guy name David answered the door. We were having a quality conversation by not only getting to know him, but we taught him the message of The Restoration. He is a diver and dived for more than 30 years. Yesterday, we had another lesson with him and we brought 2 members with us, Caitlin and Taylor! He asked a lot of great questions that can be answered from the message that we share as missionaries! I know that everything happens for a reason, including walking to the wrong direction of a road! He said he will read the Book of Mormon and go to church! =D

We also had a wonderful miracle when we parked on the road of a less-active that we were about to do service for. Luckily we arrived there 30 minutes early and we walked up to this lady that was working with her yard. We offered for help. While working with her yard, we had a quality conversation by getting to know her and at the same time we took this opportunity to share a message of The Restoration with her. She asked us a lot of great questions and she asked us if we could come over next time. When we were about to leave, we wanted to offer a prayer even though she didn't give us a return appointment. So we asked sincerely what she wanted us to pray for. Tears went down her cheeks as she told us her dying brother-in-law really need our prayer. I can see how Heavenly Father uses us, ME, YOU, HIM, HER, EVERYONE~ He uses us to help our brothers and sisters and help him to show his love to them.

I am so grateful for this wonderful privilege to be able to share Heavenly Father's love be being a missionary and teach the His plan for His children on earth. Where we came from? Why am I here? Where am I going after this life? The answer? Ask the missionaries! =)

Anyway, I was having an exchanges and we went to this place beside Highway 401.. It is Big Apple Pie Factory and they have these cool signs! Too cool not to take picture with!
 This is a part called Gethsemane.. With a statue of Jesus Christ of his suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane
With these pictures of the Garden of Gethsemane, I want to share a great talk from General Conference Where Justice, Love, and Mercy Meet - Elder Jeffrey R. Holland (Apostle) .
I love Kingston! Hi from me and Sister Leeson! Pardon me... I opened my mouth too wide.. Hehehe~ =]



Sister Yeap
13th April 2015
 

No comments:

Post a Comment