Saturday 7 June 2014

No.1: Called to Serve

29/5/14.
I finally got my mission call!!!!

I was depressed before that because I got few calls from Kuala Lumpur. Someone called Melissa said that my mission should have arrived, but I did not get it for more than a week!! I found out later that my letter was pending in the courier office's warehouse because of the incomplete address (They should have used the address I wrote in my mission paper instead of using my branch president's address). But anyway, I got stressed out because there is half an hour left before the office close and they will be opened after 3 days because of Gawaii and Kaamatan festival. 3 DAYS!!!! I cannot wait that much longer! So I called my very close friend, Rene (luckily he has a motorbike).He rushed to the courier office during peak hour.

When he came over to my work place, he said that the office was closed and he didn't get my letter. I was so frustrated and looked at my phone to call the people from the courier office again. Suddenly I felt something was knocked onto my head and it actually was Rene knocking me with my mission letter. I almost cried!!! But I was so happy at the same time.

After work, the elders (Elder Yang, Elder Harr, Elder Lee and Elder Sutherland), Rene, and my branch president's wife and kid (Sister Lu and Amos)was there to witness my biggest moment! How I wish my brother was there too, but he is still serving his mission in London.

So, here it is! My mission call!!!



And here are my mission call videos:

Mission call opening

Mission call preview


I am so blessed with this wonderful opportunity to serve the Lord and help others to come unto Christ. When I saw the signature of the living prophet, I was so proud of myself. I believe my calling was a calling from God and there is a reason why I was called to serve as a missionary in Canada Toronto Mission, English speaking. =)




Sister Yeap

No comments:

Post a Comment